Friday, September 22, 2006

Numbers Define Me

I'm leaving for prayers.
I wear the other footwear,
Lest the new ones be robbed.

I'm leaving for prayers,
I wear the neglected shirt,
I don't want to be begged from.

I'm done with my prayers,
An invalid greets me.
His lips praise the Almighty,
But his hands ask from me.

I contemplate my reflection.
I am not me. No.
I am a student-measured by grades.
I am a pin up-measured by age.
I am a trophy-measured by riches.

I am not me.No.
Numbers define me.
A travesty of me; A plunge in faith.


- Mairaj Zindran

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u've hit the nail on the head with that one...so true...wonderful
kripaya karke awesomeabhi.blogspot.com pe ek visit mare...:)

The Neverknown said...

[insert praise here since i am left with no new words in appreciation of this amazing piece]